Hi and welcome to my very first blog post as a designer for My Cricut Craft Room. Sooo excited!!
I am always looking for ways to use my Cricut diecuts in ways that are different and unique. Today, I have one of those projects. My daughter's birthday is coming up in August, so I decided to make her a piece of art for her new house.
At first glance, you don't really see the diecuts. Actually, I used the cuts as stencils to create my piece!
I started with a 8 x 10 canvas board. For this project you really have to use the canvas board and not a stretched canvas because you need the support that the board gives the canvas. I covered it in Tim Holtz distress ink, (Tattered Rose.) Then I cut several shapes out of thin chipboard using the Art Philosophy cartridge. You want to choose images that are all solid piece. Make sure all the swirls and florishes are attached to the main shape.
Next, decide where you want the images to be on your board. Then, while holding my shape in place I follow these directions from Liquetex: "To use the product, just take a small amount with a little spoon or knife, spread it over your stencil and then lightly scrape with a plastic or metal edge so that the paste remains in the design. It's like spackling a wall, but on a much smaller scale. Pull up your stencil carefully, and you're done. The paste dries permanently, although slowly, to a subtle sandy texture."
Finally, I poured glitter over the entire area before it dried to give it a little bit of glimmer and set it in the sun to dry. Once it was dry, I shook off the excess glitter. The neatest thing happened. The ink I used to cover the canvas faded everywhere there was no paste. It was so cool.
I finished it up with the rolled roses and some floral stamps and gold ink. For the roses, I cut out one of the flowers, again from Art Philosphy, and used it as a pattern to cut these shapes. Only the Cricut Mini will cut felt and I don't have one of those (YET!) LOL!!
This is one I did earlier for my friend for Mother's day.
I wish you could see it in person. It came out so well. I also used some crackel medium in the corner to give it an aged, distress look. The result was awesome and the project was messy and fun.