October 100 Cartridge Hop with My Cricut Craft Room
If you are arriving from Amy's Blog, then you are on the right track.
If you need to start from the beginning, please head over to
My Cricut Craft Room.
This month we got to choose 4 Cricut Cartridges that we wanted
to use on our projects.
Christmas Solutions, Pretty Pennants, Paisley and Word of Mouth Imagine Cartridges.
First project up is a Card I created with Christmas Solutions. Love this Cartridge!! OK, I love them all.
I used several sizes of the branch cut to make the Christmas tree background.
The tag was cut at 1.5 inches and I used Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 and gel pens for the phrase.
The ornament was cut at 3 inches and I added some bling!
My second and third projects are tags for a swap I am participating in later this month. They will hold clusters of beads.
I used Paisley for my first tag. The tag base is from Close to My Heart's Art Philosophy cart.
And the paisley is from Paisley.
The leaf cut on this tag is from Pretty Pennants and the flower is from Art Philosophy. Just goes to show you don't need to use the pennant cuts for pennants.
Here is a closer pic of the tag.
Finally, a project I am sooooooo excited about. I used the Imagine Word of Mouth Cartridge for this project. I did a photo transfer using an image that I printed on my Imagine. I printed it out on regular copy paper. Make sure you flip the image so it prints out backwards. I then painted a piece of 3/4 plywood with acrylic paint and let it dry. Finally, I painted the board where I wanted my design with some Golden Soft Gel Medium. You can find it in the fine arts section of most major craft stores. I laid my print (trimmed of excess white paper) face down on the board and let it dry over night.
The next day, I took a sponge brush and water and wet the entire surface of the paper. I let it set for a second and then I gently rubbed off the paper. The design stayed on the board.
Finally, I used Mod Podge Matte to seal it and added a key ring hooks. Viola! It was so easy and so fun!! I hope you try it.
Well, thanks for looking! I hope you enjoy the rest of the awesome hop!!
Tess's projects are next.
And here is the complete line up if you get lost along the way!
1. MCCR http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com/
2. Jamie L http://babyjaydensmommy.blogspot.com/
3. Ashley http://especiallymade.blogspot.com
4. Marji www.fstampaholic.blogspot.com
5. Miranda http://www.nanasscrapspot.com
6. Sarah http://www.craftingwithsarah.blogspot.com/
7. Melissa http://papershenaniganz.blogspot.com
8. Sharon http://simplysweetbysharon.blogspot.com/
9. Erica's Projects http://ericasprojects.blogspot.com/
10. Jamie M http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/
11. Amy http://clayfulimagination.blogspot.com
12. Jodi http://jodiesscraplab.blogspot.com/
13. Tess www.sassycricutcrafting.com
14. Christina http://cema1cema.blogspot.com
15. Jessica W www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com
16. Blog Candy http://ericasblogcandy.blogspot.com/